Bullet Chess #2: Miracle Blunder

Final position, Game 1, 0-1

I had another smashing series of bullet matches last month which was very surprising for me because I had some lucky moments and a few swindles that I got away with. There were some really cool tactics that I got to do as well. The first game of the series was really the highlight for me because I was in a big disadvantage at the beginning of the game. I had blundered a piece because I pre-moved just as my opponent made his move so I wasn't able to react to his move properly. That should teach not to be callous with making pre-moves in a bullet match though it cannot be helped since you are going to have to blitz out your moves if you want to have enough time to even complete the game. But I considered my blunder a miracle because it could have made my opponent too comfortable that he blundered in turn so I was able to recover through piece activity and I was able to snatch that game up from under him.



In the second game, I got to my senses and I was able to play slightly better than in my first game. I was able to play solidly though I got myself into a worse position again until my opponent blundered and I was able to checkmate him in the end.



Here's another game from that bullet series which I think was filled with a lot of excitement, a lot of blunders on both our parts, and one can really have fun watching it and at the same time, have fun learning from all the mistakes we've made. The game was actually quite fine for my opponent but he probably got rattled along the way and did not see that I was attacking his knight so he blundered it and never got any compensation for the piece so it quickly went downhill from there. At the last moment, he fell into a discovered check that would lose more material for him so he resigned.


The following was the last game that we played and the shortest. He was probably on tilt by this time so he kept missing a lot of moves and he didn't see that I was attacking his pieces or that I was doing a discovered attack so he lost pretty quickly.


Those were some really fun games. As you have seen, most of the time I get myself in a pickle with some inaccurate moves but blunders abound in faster time controls so you just have to be very keen with your tactics and not make too many risky moves for you to survive in any bullet match. Of course, it's different over the board because that would also depend on your reflexes. If you're like me who gets very shaky when nervous, that would be a big disadvantage. The trick is to just stay calm and play chess.

Comments

Popular Posts