Bullet Chess #16: The Rooks Stand Off


Sometimes you make moves which you don't realize are mistakes until after you've made them. After analyzing this game, there were several points in which it was clear that I made either an inaccurate move or a mistake. However, my opponent didn't pick up on those so I was able to get away with them. And so after most of the pieces were exchanged, we reach this point in the game which was when I felt confident that I had the advantage.

There's not much for my opponent to do here since I have a passed pawn in the center. Right now, it's blockaded by my opponent's rooks but later on, that will be resolved. My opponent also just lost one of their pawns on the kingside so that leaves them with little counterplay. Of course, they could also move their rooks to one of the other open files but that could easily be addressed by one of my rooks.

The game continued with neither side making any progress until my opponent made a blunder, most likely due to being down on time or simply because of a mouse slip. I took that chance and won the game handily not long thereafter. But if one were to analyze the whole game, it will put things into perspective. Black's position was actually better for the first half of the game until he lost one of his kingside pawns. From that point on, White just dominated.

Comments

Popular Posts