Bullet Chess #3: Getting the Groove


Here are a few bullet games that I played very recently. It's difficult sometimes to play chess especially when you're not in the mood, it definitely affects performance. When you're stressed, you can't think clearly. When you're on tilt or frustrated, emotions tend to take over and you become more reckless than usual. However, when you're refreshed and well rested, things become a little clearer and you are able to find good moves no matter what the situation.

Now, these games are bullet games so there will be a lot of inaccuracies and mistakes along the way but one of the things that I like to do is go up against really strong players because I can learn a lot and I can improve as well even if it's just speed chess. The first game was a close one because only in the analysis did I see that I was actually losing at one major point of the game where my opponent would have turn the tables around me and he could have won the game but we both missed the tactics and eventually, I made short work of his pieces.


The first gave me enough confidence to continue pushing forward and I took several rematches against this strong player. It wasn't easy, the inspiration hadn't always been there for me. The second game started out good for me but then there was a turning point and I was panicking because I was losing however, the only saving grace I could probably find was that we were both down on time and I had a few tricks I can do.



I didn't have a good roll after the last game. I made some pivotal blunders in the next game that really cost me. But I was able to pull myself together after that although there were some games where I lost on time which is understandable because these are bullet games. I was truly in a difficult position in this next game.



I was able to make a come back in the next few games.



And I almost won this other game.


But here is a cool checkmate.


That was the end of my run though, I lost the last two games I had with him. But it was a fun set of games, there really are some moments when you get very inspired and you are able to play and hold your own against really strong players.

Comments

Popular Posts