Game Analysis #10: One Leads to Another

Final position, 0-1

I'm not really attuned to positional play. I'm sometimes unsure when to release tension between pawns and how to break down seemingly solid pawn structures. Playing slowly and accumulating small advantages is not my style but there are times when you just need to lie and wait for your opponent to make the first mistake and in this next game, that's exactly what happened. My opponent made the first mistake and I just took advantage of it, then he made another and another until it became too much.



Technically, my opponent had really good chances in this game because he was more advanced in development and I still had a few turns before I can complete my development. White, on the other hand, was two moves away from completing development. I tried to gain a little tempo but it could have been easily avoided. Instead, he didn't see my threat so on move 9, he blundered his bishop. I also made a few inaccuracies in the next several moves but Black was already taking control from move 13. The game ended with a tactic, either he loses his rook or the game. And he lost both.

Comments

Popular Posts