Warzone Open #1



This was my first online tournament on Chesscube. I faced eight opponents within the span of half an hour so I didn’t really climb the ladder as much. The objective in these kinds of tournaments is to win as many games as you can, the fastest way that you can so that you can rack up a lot of points.

The time control for this tournament is 3+0 and it is unrated so we didn’t gain any rating points if we won or lose any when we lost. Since there were no increments for these games, most of the time we were up against the clock more so than our opponents. But having pressure from the position makes it all the more difficult.

Let’s look at some of the games that I played.











In most of these games, I forfeited on time. That’s not surprising because I wasn’t used to faster time controls back then so I was fidgeting and using up too much time looking at the position, trying to find a good move. In games 2 and 5 though, I was actually better which was unfortunate because I still lost on time.

If I tried to play faster, I would just make a lot of mistakes. But even if I lost on time for these games, you can still see how, in several of them, I was in worse positions. So that’s how my first online tournament went. Of course, I wouldn’t stay that way for long.

Comments

Popular Posts